Fans of Freaky Friday get ready to experience déjà vu! The popular comedy about a mom and daughter who swap bodies is seeing its fifth iteration with the latest version appearing on The Disney Channel. The movie, which demonstrates the very real push-pull relationship of parents and their teens, stars Broadway veteran Heidi Blickenstaff as Katherine Blake and Cozi Zuehlsdorff (Dolphin Tale and Dolphin Tale 2) as Ellie Blake. In real life, Blickenstaff is a step-mom to two teenage boys and we sat down with both actors to ask: If you could switch places with the parent and teen in your life, what would you want them to know?
- 80s music is the best.
- Eat your greens.
- Spend less time on your phone and more time interacting, person-to-person.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Always be kind to people.
- Sometimes with teenagers, “I hate you” actually means, “help me”
- Take extra time to tell your kids they’re beautiful. It means everything coming from a parent.
- My room may look messy but I know where everything is.
- Vegetables aren’t really that important.
- If I’m on my phone, maybe I’m using it to achieve world peace so give me the benefit of the doubt.
Freaky Friday premieres Friday, August 10 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW.